It is even less likely that Indian Administrative Service officers will be cut. There are many things that attract the youth to civil service life in the country. Apart from the pride and honor that comes with being a career civil servant or diplomat, IAS Salary What is the salary for IAS officer and the benefits that come with responsibilities and powers? Best IAS Coaching in Dehradun
What is the salary of an IAS officer?
Talking about the salary of IAS officers, the new pay structure has done away with the system of ‘Pay Grade for Civil Services. The 7th Central Pay Commission has introduced ‘Consolidated Pay Level’. Now IAS pay scales are fixed at ‘Basic Pay’ only with TA, DA, and HRA. Basic Pay starts at Rs 56,100 per month (TA, DA, and HRA are additional). This is Rs 2,50,000. One of the major factors that attract candidates to apply for the UPSC exam for the post of Cabinet Secretary is the pay scale offered for various posts. The salary of all IAS officers starts from the same level and then increases with their tenure and promotion, the salary of IAS officers also starts when they join the training.
IAS starting salary is ₹ 56100 and during training, the salary of an IAS officer is approx. ₹33,000–35,000 Varies as per the deduction. After 8 years of service salary for IAS officers is ₹1,31,249 per month or ₹15.75 lakh per year Maximum salary of an IAS officer is ₹2,50,000 IAS Pay Commission 7th Pay Commission IAS Salary and Allowances DA, HRA, TA (Travel Allowance)
Perks and other benefits:
As In addition to the basic pay and grade pay mentioned above, IAS officers can enjoy other allowances and allowances based on their grade.
Dearness Allowance (DA):
Dearness Allowance (DA) is an important part of what is the salary for IAS officers, it is an extremely important part of the salary of an IAS officer as it is increased by the government at regular intervals. Even it has been increased to 103% of the basic pay. Thus, DA can directly increase IAS’s salary.
House Rent Allowance (HRA):
- It happens from one city to another. HRA is given on the basis of the city where the IAS officer is posted. It is generally between 8% to 24% of the basic salary. Medical leaves are also given to the IAS officer along with the salary. This allowance is given after medical treatment. With all
- Other benefits and allowances include Transport Allowance, Home Assistance Benefit, Mobile Bill, Travel Expenses, Pension, and Retirement Benefits.
- They are allotted one or more vehicles along with the driver for official purposes.
- The IAS officer gets a phone connection, gas, water, and electricity.
- Due to the high profile and sometimes dangerous nature of the job, IAS officers are provided security guards for them and even their families.
- In more dire circumstances, IAS officers can get stf commandos for their security.
IAS officers enjoy concessional accommodation in government guest houses or bungalows on official or non-official trips.
On coming to Delhi, they can avail accommodation in their state buildings.
IAS officers can also go on study leave for 2 years, they can also complete courses in reputed foreign universities, and the cost of such courses will be borne by the government. Of course, there are restrictions on this feature. Only officers who have completed 7 years of service (6 years for North-Eastern cadres) are allowed to this facility. They should also sign a bond that they will serve the government as IAS officers for a certain number of years after their return.
IAS officers have job security, sacking an officer is not easy and the process requires extensive investigation and inquiry.
After retirement, these officers take benefit of life pension and other services, officers can also be appointed to commissions or tribunals, and their services can also be availed in other departments of the government. Many IAS officers are also sought by private companies for their talent. The youth should remember that the IAS pay scale should not be the only criterion for them to join the services in India. Civil service is an opportunity to serve the country and make a positive impact on the lives of the people of the country. Now that you know the details about what is the salary for IAS officers per month, it is time to start your UPSC exam preparation.
IAS Officer Job Profile:
IAS officer has a demanding job, and the salary is attractive but the nature of the work is the main reason behind such salary. Management of a district or ministry or department is a responsible and difficult task. IAS officers are always engaged in some work or the other. Responsibilities are related to law and order, revenue, elections, education, medicine, etc. All the development programs in the district are directly or indirectly under the IAS.
- IAS officers are the commissioners of urban bodies.
- IAS officers are the top authority related to revenue in the district.
- IAS officers play an important role at the time of elections.
- The IAS officer has to look after the educational facilities and medical services of the district.
- IAS officers are the heads of the district disaster management committee.
- IAS officers are responsible for formulating and implementing policies, programs, and schemes in the government.
- IAS officers are the permanent executive, and the overall functioning of the government machinery is their responsibility.
IAS officer career growth
- A candidate is appointed as an IAS officer if they successfully clear all the stages of the UPSC selection process.
- IAS officers experience multiple levels of work and promotions during their tenure. IAS salary increases with every advancement.
- IAS officers undergo training at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA), Mussoorie, following the recruitment process.
- After the completion of the training period, the officers start working as SDM.
- IAS officers are central government employees, who work under the state governments. They are promoted within the state bureaucratic hierarchy or are deputed to the central government, overall they are governed by the Civil Services Rules, 1964.
Rights of IAS officer
- Even though the facilities offered to an IAS officer can be compared to other professions, the power that an IAS officer wields and commands is unparalleled.
- IAS officers usually have charge of the administration of the entire district/state/department/ministry.
- It is a huge responsibility and many people depend on them to function effectively and efficiently.
- They have the power to bring a positive change in the lives of the people. IAS officers can influence policies on social initiatives, education, health, and the economy.
- This power to serve the people and the country is unmatched, the Indian Administrative Service gives an opportunity to participate directly and actively in the progress of the country.
- The salary and facilities of ias officers, the power that he has, is very heavy. It also presents an opportunity to serve the nation by utilizing one’s talents and abilities.