QuickBooks is preferred by numerous business organizations because of its robust features and advanced user interface. Amidst these, there are some issues that users face while using the application, like QuickBooks freezes when opening. The issue restricts the user from performing further operations, so it is important to resolve the problem as soon as possible. To sort out this error, read the causes given in the blog below and then follow the troubleshooting solutions.
If QuickBooks freezes when opening and you are unable to work on it, get immediate troubleshooting assistance from the QuickBooks support team by giving a call on 1.855.738.2784
Causes behind QuickBooks Desktop freezing up
The QuickBooks Desktop freezes because of the following reasons:
- Your QuickBooks Desktop application might not be updated.
- Multiple QuickBooks components are running simultaneously.
- There is some issue with the QuickBooks company file.
- The system’s Windows operating system is damaged or corrupted.
- Some crucial QuickBooks program files are damaged or missing from the folder.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error UEXP
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks freezing up issue
Solution 1. Update the QuickBooks program to its latest release
The steps to update QuickBooks Desktop manually are as follows:
- Close your data file, then quit QuickBooks Desktop and go to your Windows Desktop.
- Click the Windows icon, and scroll the list of programs to find QuickBooksicon.
- Once you see the icon, right-click it and select the Run as administrator option.
- The No Company Open screen will open. From there, select the Help menu otion and choose Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select the Options menu, choose Mark All, and click the Save button.
- Head to the Update Now menu, mark the Reset Update checkbox and click Get Updates to download the update file.
- Next, reopen QuickBooks and select Yes to install the update.
Solution 2. Ensure you are opening the correct company file
- Select the Windows Start menu, type ‘File Explorer’ in the search field, and open File Explorer.
- Open your QuickBooks folder, and search for the QuickBooks.exe file.
- Press and hold the CTRL key on your keyboard and then double-click the QuickBooks.exe file.
- Don’t release the CTRL key until QuickBooks opens.
Solution 3. From the QB Tool Hub, use File Doctor
- Close all open data files and then quit the QuickBooks application.
- Open your web browser and download the most recent QuickBooks Tool Hub version.
- When the download is finished, save the setup file to an easily accessible location.
- Go to the location where you saved the file, double-click to open it, and follow the instructions given on the screen.
- Select the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox to successfully install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- After finishing the installation, open the tool hub by double-clicking the icon and choose the Company File Issues tab.
- Select Run QuickBooks File Doctor and let it resolve company file and network issues.
This advisory blog has covered the most effective troubleshooting solutions that will help you resolve QuickBooks freezes when opening error. If you face any problems while following the step, get in touch with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 .
You may read also : QBDBMgrN Not Running On This Computer