QuickBooks is ideal accounting software used widely by small and mid-sized businesses to fulfill the accounting needs and manage the cash flow in a more user-friendly way. QuickBooks has a Multi-user method that authorizes users to perform on a single company simultaneously.
In QuickBooks, the H-series Errors are unavoidable errors that cause internal & external technical glitches. Because of Error H202, QuickBooks can’t allow workstations to communicate with the server and does not allow any users to access the company https://antalyaestetik.org/ file. In this article, you will understand how to get rid of QuickBooks H202 Error immediately.
Are you puzzled about how to solve the multi-user mode error H202 and need technical help? Get connected to our qualified experts, by dialing our Toll-free No at 1.855.738.2784
Common Reasons that Triggers QuickBooks Error H202
Such company file connection errors occur when an individual tries to access the QuickBooks company files saved on another computer and for some reason a connection cannot be established between the two machines. Here is a list of factors that can obstruct the workstation connection with the server in the network:
- Your Windows PC does not meet the minimum requirements.
- The folder containing the company file has been damaged.
- The workstation has been restricted by a firewall to access the QB Company file.
- Damaged or corrupt .nd file.
- DNS settings are not properly configured.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Invoices Not Printing Correctly
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error H202
- Trouble in opening the company file on the other computer.
- Failure to switch QuickBooks to the multi-user mode.
- Performance of the computer gets slowed down considerably.
- H202 error message appears on the screen.
How To Fix The QuickBooks Error H202? Five Best Methods
This problem usually happens when you try to open a company file that is saved on the server using the multi-user mode. To fix the error here we’ve given 5 methods that you can implement.
Method-1 Testing the Network Connectivity
- Open QuickBooks and click on the ‘File’ tab and select Utilities.
- Finally select turn off hosting and press the Windows key and search for Networks.
- Now make sure your network connections are visible.
- Ping all the workstations through the QuickBooks Host / Server computer.
- To start the ping test, open Command Prompt, type Ping Command syntax: ping[Computer Name] and press Enter.
If you are successful in pinging the server, then most probably the QuickBooks Error H202 is already resolved, if the error still appears, follow the next troubleshooting method.
Method-2 Run QB Database Server Manager
- Open the QuickBooks Database Server Manager from the ‘Start’ menu.
- Browse the folders to find your Company files.
- Press the ‘Start Scan’ button.
- Doing this will rectify the firewall settings automatically and establish a connection with the company antalya escort file.
Method-3 Verify Multi-User Access
- Open QB on the Server.
- Click on ‘Files’ and select ‘Utilities’.
- Click on ‘Host Multi-User Access’.
Method-4 Rename the.TLG and.ND file
- Close QuickBooks from all the computers.
- Open the company folder on the server computer.
- Search for the.TLG file, right-click on it, and select rename.
- Add prefix OLD before the file name and hit enter.
- Follow the exact steps.ND files and close the QuickBooks Company file folder.
After following these steps the.ND and.TLG file will be automatically created when you run the QuickBooks next time.
Sometimes fixing the QuickBooks Error code H202 could be a complex process, but with the right solutions, you can easily overcome and solve it. However, if you like to talk to an expert for troubleshooting help, you can give us a call on our helpline number 1.855.738.2784
You may also read: Easy Ways to Tackle QBDBMgrn not running on this computer error