Facing error while handling payroll? It is a common issue that appears while downloading tax table updates. It might happen that your paychecks get stuck from getting deposited to being in an “Online to Send” situation. In this article, we will discuss about the step-by-step process to troubleshoot this error.
On the other hand, if you are running short on time or want a piece of expert advice then you can dial 1-855-948-3646 for quick help
Solution 1: Install the latest version of your QB Desktop and back up the QB data
It is suggested that you install the latest version of your QuickBooks Desktop along with ensuring that you back up all the company files to save them from any loss.
Solution 2: Once again try to send the payroll data
- Show up to Employees, then choose My Payroll Service, and later choose to Send Usage Data. In case this option is absent follow the steps below.
- Show up to Employees then choose to Send Payroll Data.
- Click on Send All option from the Send/Receive Data window segment. If asked for, please enter your payroll service pin.
If the payroll does not get sent, keep on following the steps below.
You may read also : QuickBooks Payroll Issues
Solution 3: Spot the paychecks that are stuck
- Show up to the Edit option and choose the Find option.
- Choose the Advanced tab
- Open the Advanced tab.
- Go to the Choose Filter section and locate the Detail Level option in the Filter list then select it.
- Choose Summary Only.
- Once again show up on the Filter list and select Online Status next choose Online to Send.
- Choose the Find option, and the paychecks that were stuck will appear onscreen, next jot down the ‘number of matches’ from the Find window finally follow the next solution ahead.
Solution 4: Verify the data then rebuild it
- Shut Down the File window next, to find the unsent paychecks by clicking on Run the Verify Data option.
- Now rebuild your data file.
- Finally, once again attempt to download the updated payroll. If the error persists, try following the next solution.
Solution 5: Toggle the paychecks that are stuck
- Go to the earliest stuck paycheck.
- Choose the Paycheck Detail button.
- Look for the details under the ‘Earnings’ section in the ‘Paycheck Details’ window. Now you need to add the most recent earning items same as in the ‘Earnings’ section.
- A Net Pay Locked text will pop up on the screen. Choose No.
- Ensure that the tax amounts and the net pay are all correct then hit on OK.
- If a Past Transaction text pop up, choose Yes.
- Choose Save and Close to select the paycheck.
- A Recording Transaction text will appear to which choose Yes.
- Once again go to the Paycheck Detail and choose the Paycheck Details button.
- From the Earnings section, delete the recently added earnings item.
- Ensure that the tax amounts and the net pay are correct then choose OK.
- Finally, you got to redo the steps for every stuck paycheck that you got in step 2.
- Once done redo the step1and download the tax table update once more.
With this article we discussed the steps to troubleshoot the QuickBooks PS038 error in a step-by-step procedure. But if the problem persists, please dial 1-855-948-3646.
This blog is posted on postingtip.com