Defining an effective marketing strategy to make its products/services known is the main concern of web entrepreneurs and companies. They are very often subject to a choice between traditional marketing and digital marketing, a choice that determines the success or otherwise of the strategies adopted. Find in this article, all the arguments that can help you choose wisely between digital marketing and traditional marketing . You can get in touch with Digital Marketing Agency in London
Traditional marketing: what to remember
Traditional marketing is a technique that consists of using the media such as radio, television, newspapers or print media…and advertising posters to spread your message and present your product/service. The principle of traditional marketing is for a company to go to the consumer: it is outbound marketing or outgoing marketing. Here are some advantages and disadvantages of this classic marketing.
- The use of viable and quality media
- Consumer targeting is much more local
- The transmission of the message is easy and fast
- Very high costs
- Difficulty measuring ROI or return on investment
- The dissemination of the message is limited to a well-defined geographical framework
- Traditional marketing is selective and therefore not accessible to all
- One-way target interaction
Digital marketing: a new vision of marketing
Digital marketing is a new form of marketing that uses multiple digital media to deliver a message. It is carried out via the internet and through the use of media such as social networks, blogs, websites, emailing, etc. Unlike traditional marketing, which has the principle of going towards the consumer or outbound marketing, marketing digital rather attracts the customer through the quality of the content produced, hence inbound marketing or incoming marketing.
- Very low cost of marketing campaigns
- Bilateral advertiser/customer or target interaction
- Ability to measure ROI or return on investment
- The virality of digital media
- Efficient, fast and long-term ad delivery
- Possibility to adjust the digital strategy throughout the campaign
- Hearing accessible to everyone at any time
- Campaign tracking takes more time
- Internet marketing requires more skills
Traditional Marketing vs. Digital Marketing: Conclusion
Traditional marketing has some interesting strengths for an effective marketing strategy, but very limited with regard to the social changes observed. It is very expensive, less accessible and the target cannot interact with the brand in order to collect certain information on the product. Unlike traditional marketing, digital marketing offers excellent value for money. Being accessible to all types of businesses, digital offers an important consumer market. Digital marketing is future of marketing and it has so much potential
The brand and customer relationship is more humanistic, because customers can have specific answers about a service or a product. Digital marketing is more viral due to the relevance of its various communication media (social media, website, etc.). To be honest, the web marketing strategy is more relevant than a traditional marketing strategy in terms of return on investment.
The choice between traditional marketing and digital marketing must be made according to the objectives to be achieved. For more efficiency and virality of your marketing strategy, opt for webmarketing instead.